Friday, March 4, 2011

Hi, I'm The Sales Guy's Wife

Yep, you read that right. I'm identifying myself as "The Sales Guy's Wife." Many of you may know me as Karen (Ferry) Meyer but I'm really just the woman who gets into bed with The Sales Guy -- when he is home that is. My husband, "The Sales Guy," is a road warrior these days and has been for a while. Sales is his [career] passion and I support it.  I support it so much so that I have also been working in a related field for 5 years now and I'm plainly an enabler. 

Not saying his career drove mine but I will say that had I not taken an interest in what he was doing with all his time and how he was making *us* money, I probably would not have batted an eye at a career move toward sales enablement in any way shape or form.  The combination of The Sales Guy staying up at all hours writing RFPs, riding the roller coaster of up and down quarters and staining the pits on every dress shirt due to sweating bullets in customer presentations, drove me to realize sales people need help they aren't getting and I'm pretty sure I can influence that. 

And then reality set in, selling anything to The Sales Guy  or affecting change in Sales was going to be a lifelong effort.  Oh, and by the way, my true [career] passion is customer advocacy so, darn it, Sales has to get better. 

So I hope for this blog to be a mildly entertaining, mildly educational, addictive, dumping ground for anybody who wants to read and participate in it really. If you've ever sold or bought anything, you should get a chuckle out of what I'm hoping to unfold here about his experiences, mine and those along the way.

~ The Sales Guy's Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment